As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and associates remain our highest priority.
Individuals are required to sanitise their hands at entrances, check-in counters and before entering our buildings. We have also implemented the following hygiene protocols to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
- Physical barriers are installed and our staff wears face masks.
- Frequently touched objects, such as pens, are sanitized after each use.
- Health screenings for both our guests and staff members.
- Social distancing and enforcement of best practices by hotel management.
- Specialized deep cleaning using a leading Polycide chemical.
Strict room cleaning policies to eliminate cross-contamination between rooms.
- All surfaces, including phones, remote controls, kettles, etc., are disinfected.
- At check-out, the room, including walls, furniture and bathroom(s), are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- Linen and towels are washed on the hottest wash cycle at 80°C to kill potential viral matter.
- Hand sanitizer will be added to our amenities for guest use during their stay.
- Guest rooms are fogged before check in.
Our breakfast will change as follows to increase hygiene and cater for social distancing in the kitchen and the restaurant.
- Where possible and operationally dependent, a full hot food and cold continental limited á la carte menu will be available.
- Hot items will be available via a limited á la carte menu.
On a daily basis, we are working to ensure that we meet the latest guidelines on hygiene and cleaning. Our health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and includes all necessary cleaning procedures.
We are in this Together
The NICD Hotline is available to all staff and guests. In the event that anyone feels ill after travelling from countries with coronavirus, the South African Department of Health advises first phoning the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) helpline rather than going straight to a medical facility, to prevent potential contamination. The NICD hotline number is 080 002 9999.